| | 3 months is maximum
All visitors need to have a visa or Invitation letter to enter the country. On 2013, Vietnam Visa List has been updated frequently, therefore please check for newest application information below:
1. Vietnam Visa is exempted for Brunei passport holders within 14 days as from the date of arrival.
2. Vietnam Visa is exempted for Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia and Laos passport holders within 30 days as from the date of arrival.
3. Vietnam Visa is exempted for Philippines passport holders within 21 days as from the date of arrival.
4. Vietnam Visa is exempted for Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Finland passport holders within 15 days as from the date of arrival.
5. Vietnam Visa is exempted for France, Chile citizens holding valid diplomatic or official passports within 90 days or several visits of 6 months as from the date of arrival.
6. Vietnam Visa is exempted for APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies within 60 days as from the date of arrival.
7. Vietnam Visa is exempted for those who travel to Phu Quoc Island – Vietnam. Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc less than 15 days. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel to other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas right on the spot.
If you choose to stay in Vietnam over exempted duration, please be recommended that you should apply a suitable Vietnam Visa before entering to Vietnam, do not pay attention to exempted cases because the visa renewal course would be very complicated causing many troubles for you....