| | First time traveller to Thailand
I'm new to the board and will be a first time traveller to Thailand coming from Canada in April 2015 for about 3 weeks.
I'm looking for some general info to help me on my way. I'll just list my few questions (I have been searching the forum as well) and feel free to answer any or all. Thanks:
1) First few nights accommodations in Bangkok? Should I book ahead of time? Suggestions on where and what sites to book through?
2) Accommodations after my first few nights? Should I book ahead of time or just wing it? I'll be meeting friends but will be traveling alone.
3) Cell phones? I will be getting on there for data and calls, which is the best? (I plan on being in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Koi Samui)
4) Money exchange? Where is the best place?
5) Any scams I should look out for? I'm sure there are lots like anywhere, just curious if there are any that happen often to newbies.
6) Travel inside Thailand? I already posted my plans, how should I get to each place? I plan on flying into Bangkok, then to Pattaya, then to Phuket and then to Koi Samui.
Thanks for any info anyone can provide!!