thanks Ott

[ ] [ ]
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Thailand Travel Forum ]

Post made from: IP=, User Agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Posted by rob on March 24, 2007 at 8:27 pm:

In Reply to: I doubt it very much posted by Ott on March 24, 2007 at 3:48 pm:

Thanks Ott, I was hoping for your advice,yeah it was along shot but further enquiries so far and i have found out that Legally a child (thai citizen like your kid and mine)can buy land in their name at any age,but unde 18 and they need to have a Controlling parent as a type of guarentor, the controling parent can be a farang by consent or by court order,but thai courts would allways make the thai parent the controlling parent unless persuaded otherwise or by consent,the problem is the controlling parent can decide on behalf of the child to sell the land,anyway that is hearsay, so i will check it further in the legislation in Thailand(i work in the law system) if i can,but it sounds like it can be done if the mother agrees, theoritiacllay the land is your name until the child is 18.Apparently The laws against foreign ownership came into being to stop the japanese during the war from marrying thais and buying up thailand.Cheers

Follow Ups: