Thread: Burma Visa
View Single Post
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 14th October 2013, 08:17 AM
Kyon Kyon is offline
Travelforum Virgin
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1

Originally Posted by Henry R View Post
How hard is it to get a visa for Burma? (I am an American). Plan to travel from Thailand to Burma. How long does it take to get a visa? How much does the visa cost? Will the police hassle us? Is it dangerous for foreigners? Just plan to do some sightseeing in Burma. This March plan to go to Bagan in central Burma and Ngapali, the beautiful beach resort on Burma's west coast. Total about a week or so.
Visa of Burma
Burma (Myanmar) visaA valid passport with a Myanmar Entry Visa is required for all visitors. We advise all foreign visitors to have passports with a validity of at least six months. The entry visa to Myanmar can be obtained from any Myanmar embassy or consulate general offices worldwide. The Myanmar government has two types of visas for foreign visitors:

EVT VISA (Tourist Visa)
Single-entry visa for tourist travellers entitling them to a maximum 28-day stay within the country (non-extendable). The cost of this visa is approximately US$20 per person.

Single or multiple-entry visa for travellers who are currently working under contract in Myanmar (extendable).
Myanmar requires a valid passport of minimum 6 months and a Myanmar visa for all foreigners visiting the country. Tourist visas are issued for a duration of 28 days starting from the day you enter the country, three months from the date of issue. You can obtain a visa at all Myanmar Embassies or Consulates with three photos and your passport. The international points of entry and exit in Myanmar are Yangon International Airport and Mandalay International Airport. Please click here for an updated list of Myanmar Embassies and Consulates.

Visa On Arrival
Regarding the visa on arrival, pre-arrangements have to be made and is available at Yangon and Mandalay International Airports only. This visa is granted to packaged cruise liner and chartered flight tourists and to foreign independent travellers (FITs) from places where there are no Myanmar representation, through any licensed Myanmar Travel and Tour (MTT) agency or directly by the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism (MHT).
For more information on Myanmar visas, please contact the nearest Myanmar embassy or any of our agents.
Reply With Quote