Thread: Agoda Problems
View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2012, 01:43 AM
Travel Forum Guest
Travel Forum Guest

Angry Will never use Agoda again.

I was planning a trip to Bangkok so booked a hotel for a 2 night stay. The reason i booked this particular hotel was because it said "free cancellation" up to 48 hours before. As i knew there was a possibility my plans would change, this sounded perfect. I cancelled the hotel about a week before and was then told that i would get only 50% back. Apparently there is some teeny tiny small print somewhere that says if you cancel less than 14 days before then you only get half of your money back. Ok, so maybe that's my fault a bit but the website is very misleading. This, however, is not the worst part. You are supposed to get your refund "within 7-10 business days" (quoted from agoda). I finally got mine after 2 months of waiting and a ton of angry emails from me. Their customer service was appalling, they were so unhelpful and uncommunicative and as the refund took so long, i was charged a 12 pounds late fee from my credit card company!! I really think that they should foot the bill for this, don't you??

Yes, booking through Agoda is cheap, but just be careful of their "free cancellation" policy as it is a total con!!